Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It is tough being a women in a world where beauty is a treatment.

Ladies we are in for a treat! This Bible Study is taking off. We have had an ice storm our first week and had to reschedule. We had our intro week and last week we had a tornado. The Devil does not want this Bible study to proceed. God has big plans for these ladies...including me! I have to add this first. I wanted to write these down as Beth was sharing these but I did not. I later copied them from a sister. These are four types of women
1. A woman who wants other woman to think she is beautiful is a miserable woman.
2. A woman who wants other men to think she is beautiful is a dangerous woman.
3. A woman who wants no one to think she is a beautiful is a terrified woman.
4. A woman who wants just a few to think she is beautiful is a normal woman.
We are always struggling with self image. I know I do. I have so many insecurities. So much so that it shocks me to hear that women I look up to have them. Yes, I am including Beth Moore in this but more so the women at my church. The ones whom seem to have it all together all the time. Today we got to touch on Esther background. Who she is and where she came from. Beth had me thinking about Mothers. I beat myself up all the time about doing what is right for my boys. I have failed them in so many ways. Let me tell you one thing that I strive for for them. I will not hear"Mom, you never told me about Jesus!" They will hear and have heard. With that said, I know that I am not the prefect mother and will not be. I do want my boys to look for a wife that has the same christian values I do. I want them to want wives like there mother. Not in some sick twisted way. Just in a way that I feel like I have done my job as a mother well.

This past week has been a rough week on our community. We had a F4 tornado interrupted our Bible study last week. We have a teenage girl whom has lost her parents. We have a two children that lost there mother in another matter. We come this Bible Study and touch base about Esther being an orphan. Wow that is something to ponder. Prayer is heavy on my heart for those families.

God is attracted to weakness. My first thought was WHAT?? But Old Faith Beth(not old in age sense but in wisdom)explains...more room for God! Ok I got it.

The heart of true wisdom is knowing the ways and the will of God.---Beth did not say this but I found it in my Bible and want to pound this into my head.

God rejects human wisdom because of its pride and self glory!---wow! How often do I try to rely on what I know instead of seeking God. I struggle with not being self centered...or being pro trade that way. I talk a lot. I talk to much. I feel because of that I come across as self centered. It eats me up. I am working on shutting my mouth and have been temped to just get that good ole duck tape out.

I have often felt cursed for being female. I have always had dreams that I feel conflict with being female. As I had kids I felt blessed for my boys. I also felt pressure. How do I compare with that soccer mom next door? When my kids are not listening in public what are others thinking? I struggle with this often. I have gotten better. I will raise my kids to respect and obey. I have learned to put my foot down. I am learning to discipline my kids in love. I have God on my side and I have a lot to learn. I have sought the council women in my church. I pray for my kids!

I am the music directory for 1-3 grade in my church. This means coming up with lessons for them. Often I write my own. I have had to learn to put it at there level and what works and does not work. I came up with a lesson while listen to Beth talk. I just wrote down the scripture and will work on it later. I love how God uses that sort of work.

Please continue to pray for Lone Grove as it goes through so much healing. I want to take a moment to thank all the people who have open there hearts, wallets, and skills to help get us back to some sort of normal life. May God bless you ten fold!

2 comments:

  1. You know. Because of all the events that have happened over the past three weeks trying to get this study going, I just didn't feel like it was clicking. I felt it click last night! It was a great study!

    I shared with Luke Beth's 4 types of women vai email. In turn, he shared it with a lady working in the mess hall line. It is neat how we can share God's work and word everywhere.

    Looking forward to next weeks study as we learn more about Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those stories. It did click. I know that you were worried about it. But see the Bible study is in God's hands!

    ReplyDelete