Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mean homework!

So far my homework this week as left me a lot to think about. I am weak! I have fallen into so many tempations. I need God's strength! I think about how I in the past been wish washy about my faith. Trying to fit in and still be a good person! It was a headache and stressful. I was trying to please everyone but myself and in the mess of it I lost who I was. It is a visious circle. I am also doing the purpose driven life! I love what he says about finding yourself. Find God! What an impifiny. It was right there in front of me the whole time. Mr. Wistoffe was a teacher at my school and was a director at my Bible camp. He shared his favorite verse. Proverbs 3:5&6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path.
I fell in love with it. I memorized it before leaving camp that summer. Recently, I realized if I had just done what that verse has said I would not have been twisted up in the path of self destruction on trying to please others and loosing myself. I was a mean girl who lost herself trying to please others! Wow what a psych case! It is a good thing that God has a purpose for you and me.
I just joined Beth's adventure of memorizing scripture. I am starting late but hope to get all 24 memorized by Dec! My verse currently is
John 10:28
"And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish: neither shall anyone snatch them out of my hand."
I love that I am God's child. I will be in Heaven with him. I love to talk and can't wait to have some long talks with a good cup of ice tea! Hope everyone is getting as much out of there home as I am!
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment