Friday, March 20, 2009

It's tough being a women in the tight fist of fear!

We had a week off of Bible Study due to spring break and yet I am late getting this up. I wanted to have a talk about the fear thing with a mentor of mine. I have recently be dealing with some of my fears! I was rejoicing about a week before this Bible Study about over coming one of my fears! It was my greatest fear and that was losing one of my children. I love how Beth put it into perspective. She talked about what happens when your greatest fear happens and how she discussed it with God. How she broke it down to the then what. It truly made me think...then what. I still have my loving God! I will be reunited with my children in Heaven. That this time on earth is only for a short period, heaven is for eternity. Esther faced her hear. She went from I can't to I will. I have to make reference here to The Rugrats and Tommie and Chuckie are at a playground and Tommie wants Chuckie to go down the slide. If anyone knows anything about rugrats it is that Tommie is brave and Chuckie sides with caution. So Tommie goes down the slide and Chuckie is at the top of the slide saying" I am a big, brave dog! I am a big, brave dog!" I have often said that to myself to remind me that I can do it! Getting married raised new fears in my life that I had never had before. Then having children raised even more fears. Shortly after RJ was born we faced a death in the family. Clay, Eddie's brother, pasted away at the age of 21. I watched my mother in law have raw pain and my father in law that looked lost. I saw my in laws go from from strong people to the weakest link. Unlike the TV show it was real and they did not get the choice to just leave a show it was real life. I watched my husband glowing from the miracle of our son to a dull look of pain. It seemed to me my fears were coming true. We just overcame just about loosing RJ, our son. No one should loose a child! It just is not right. I will never forget that early morning when I was at my in laws...we just got home from the scene of the accident. I was getting baby RJ settled and I heard the back door open and close. I knew Robert, my father in law, headed outside. Then I heard my mother in law cry in such a way I have never heard a person cry before. I went to her and she was trying to get into bed. I held her as she wailed in pain. When she calmed down I helped her into bed. I never said a word. I just helped and hugged her and let her lean on my as she cried. I did not know what to say. I felt that I did not need to say anything because it would be empty words. The next few days I did what I felt God lead me to do. It created a bond with my in laws that even through a divorce and remarriage of there son could not deflate. Since then the devil has used that to play on my fear of loosing my children. Let me tell you the devil has had is shots at my children. My son was born premature with a major heart condition that requires surgery right of way. It was so hard to see my son go through open heart surgery and being so small. Again the devil had a change when Lone Grove was hit with the F4 tornado. I was separate from my kids and my fear was that I would make it and they would not! I prayed both times. I prayed hard. My God healed my son. My God moved a tornado to protect my husband and kids. The devil lost! He will not win. The Bible tells us that he will loose. I am a child of God. I stand firm in that and I will take my refuge in my loving father! I had prayed and thought about what to type in this for fears. I have so many. I have so many ways to share them. My God is faithful and I pray He will use this for His work. Please share your fears or ways that God has helped you through your fears!

No comments:

Post a Comment