Monday, February 9, 2009

It is tough being a women in another women's shadow

I have to share this bit of news. I have been so excited about this Bible study. I have had dreams about it. Prayed and prayed about it. Last Tuesday when I opened the book for the first time I was intimated. It looked like a lot of work. It scared me. It was laid out in a different manner and I had my concerns. We got into the intro and got busy. Beth took us off into this world of what we are to expect with Esther. Then Kimberly shared her bit with some of the younger women in the Bible study and I was in tears. I knew that God has something planned for me and had a lot to say to me through this study. It already has been a good lesson on hard work pays off. I have put the time into these daily lessons and I am seeing things a bit more clearly. It has helped to her Kimberly so humbly share that she has failed in things in her life. I think that sometimes as women we forget to realize that the women next to us has struggles. I know that I can beat myself up for something I said or action I did. It is hard for me on Sundays. Because of my husbands schedule he works 12 hours on Sundays. So I get up get the kids ready. I deal with all I do not want to's. We go to Sunday school. Then as my kids put it off to big church. I see all the "families" sitting there looking there Sunday best and I am here shuffling two boys whom never want to behave or be there. I wish my husband could be there with me. I wish I could been the family all decked out and seem to have it all together. I know what shallow thoughts. It is something God is working on with me. I know so many insecurities that it is nice to hear that someone like Beth Moore say that she has them also. I am not sure where others have been or at now. I think we all have one point in our lives had to deal with a burn from christian that we adored or thought highly. I know I have and it hurt bad. It has been a focus of mine not to do that to someone. I learned something while reading this intro. I do not need to put so much focus on that matter. I need to live as the Bible instructs, listen to God's voice and it will work out. I am not perfect never will be. That is why we have Jesus Christ as our Savior. For that I am thankful and in awe of how much love there is in that message. It is such a simple thing yet more complex than one can imagine. God is just grand that way! Continue with me on this great journey that God has prepared for us. Let us be mindful to Him and God bless all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment