Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bible Study with a twist

I am not even sure how to start this blog. I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful I still have a family and a home! What does this have to do with a Bible study. Let me tell you. We were at our week one Bible study. We were going over the book work and just got to day four and my cell phone was going crazy. I was getting text messages that we were under a tornado warning. I truly not nothing of it. I was getting this message often. Other ladies were getting phone calls about the bad weather coming. We tried to continue until we got word that we had to take shelter. We went to the church hallway and people starting showing up to also take shelter. I depabated whether to head for home or not. I looked at the sky and have never seen anything like it. I am a nothern girl and have never been through a tornado but I knew something was going to happen. I heard the sirens and headed back to the hallway to take shelter. I called my husband and told him to take shelter. I asked him here his parents were and they were with him. The power popped off. I had tears running down my face. I felt safe. I did not feel like my kids were safe. I just started praying and praying. A sister held my hand and was next to me the whole time. I never had been so scared in my life. It was over faster then I could have ever thought it would be. I called my husband and at first did not get an answer and I thought the worse. No more did that thought pass then my phone rang it was my husband-they were OK. I got to talk to my two boys and my husband. I was OK. We were getting all kinds of mixed reports of more coming and were the tornado hit. We got reports of peoples house that were gone...people sitting next to me. We heard all kinds of reports. All I knew was it was dark out and we just had a tornado. It was something that I never thought I would have to deal with in my life time. My father in law tried to get to his house and could not because of down power lines and debre. That means I was unable to get home. So I got busy and got to helping were I could. It was early in the morning by the time I got home and I was so tired and had to go to work! We are now a town in survival mood. The headquarters seems to be our church! God is using my church family in mighty was! Stay tune to here about our next bible study!

No comments:

Post a Comment